-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ifoutch
To the issue with English ISO's: I also had problems getting the files to md5sum properly. I had to download 4 different files before I got a good one.
I think we should have a bittorrent tracker for the Knoppix ISOs. That way you won't need to MD5 your file, since bittorrent will do that for you. It seems that the bittorrent client is as easy a installing the debian package. and for Windows there are a couple of (more or less) official builds, and off coarse the newest beta of Shareaza. That last one (once stable) adds the plus point that it shares on both ed2k and gnutella networks.
I might set up a tracker myself if I get to build my own silent EPIA PC, and it's silent enough to keep running overnight. Don't know if my ISP would like it.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm, i've calculated what time it would take to upload Knoppix from my PC, you need to upload it at least once to another client. Since I also want to use my connection for normal internet, that would mean a max. upstream of ~6.5ko/s => 30hrs...
So uhm... No, unless you can link to a file located on an FTP server.
I'll investigate a bit.
[edit]Just as I thought, you tell a bittorrent client to 'download' to the complete file, after hashing the file it will upload the completed file fragments (everything) when needed. So you will need at least one client with a big(ger) pipe. One of the current HTTP/FTP mirrors seem useable to me.[/edit]
-
I downloaded V3.2-2003-05-20-EN fine from
ftp://ftp.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/pub/linux/knoppix/
Good connection at the max speed of my cable connection ~520kbps.
MD5 checked out OK.
I have found in the past that download optimisers cause MD5 errors on my system. I think the way they split the iso file into, say, four streams and download them simultaneously, then reassemble them into one file, causes problems on this large file.
So I now use the Right Click and Save Link Target As method.
Isn't Knoppix wonderful?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Regarding downloading in Windows:
I have never had *any* problem downloading the ISOs with SmartFTP
http://www.smartftp.com/
-
Myconfig
Hi All,
What about Myconfig=scan?
Dave
Similar Threads
-
By kx14386 in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
-
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
-
By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:03 AM
-
Replies: 14
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97