-
Junior Member
registered user
I've had no trouble with the english iso.
-
I have an english copy that has a good MD5 checksum. The CD boots without a hitch and I am glad that the QTparted links are now working
. Anywase....the english version looks fine to me and the md5 is good. Maybe it is a bad mirror upload.
Just a thought
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bamarob
Is this the proper place to be requesting added features/software? If not where can we make these requests so they'll be heard?
Thanks,
BR
I suspect you'll have more luck by writing to the devlopers list (see Contact link above). Unless you want to try your hand at remastering though all we can do is suggest.
-
Is anybody aware of issues with the V3.2-2003-05-20, hanging after running for aproximatelly 3 to 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what I am doing on the system. I tried starting it with different desktops, screen settings. It freezes for a minute, the screen goes black and after another minute, the CD auto-ejects! I'm running it on an older Dell Dimension L500C (Celeron). With an Intel 810 onboard video controller.
To the issue with English ISO's: I also had problems getting the files to md5sum properly. I had to download 4 different files before I got a good one.
Thanks
--Ian
-

Originally Posted by
ifoutch
Is anybody aware of issues with the V3.2-2003-05-20, hanging after running for aproximatelly 3 to 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what I am doing on the system. I tried starting it with different desktops, screen settings. It freezes for a minute, the screen goes black and after another minute, the CD auto-ejects! I'm running it on an older Dell Dimension L500C (Celeron). With an Intel 810 onboard video controller.
To the issue with English ISO's: I also had problems getting the files to md5sum properly. I had to download 4 different files before I got a good one.
Thanks
--Ian
As for me it works very nice. I am using the same release and everything seems to work fine.
-
If you have downloaded a good (English) copy that the md5sum program gave a good checksum for would you let the rest of us know where you got it. If you noted the download speed, that would be nice to know, too.
I've downloaded, KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-05-20-EN.iso, from Slugsite.Louisville.edu and ftp.gwdg.de. Both files are identical and give this as a checksum: e5bb350f94fb123df46e2902a3ee3a7a. Per the .md5 file it should be this: 4a8a34b040b653a9d102f1036827466a. I burned it anyway. It starts but hangs during boot. I found files listed in directories that couldn't be accessed.
Apparently from messages posted here there are good files and bad files floating around. Someone needs to point to the good files to help everybody else out.
Who do we report this too?
-
I've now downloaded two good copies of KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-05-20-EN.iso. The sites were ftp.lancs.mirror.ac.uk at an average speed of 73 KB/Sec and ftp.sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/knoppix at an average speed of 98 KB/Sec. The other three attempts were all from the US mirrors, at much higher speeds 
I'm going to try the download from the ftp.lancs site tonight and see if it hangs as well. I also downloaded the 5-16 to try if the other on hangs. I also put together another puter to try them on, in case it is some strange hardware issue.
--Ian
"May you solve interesting problems."
Dale Dougherty
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
dogstar
Apparently from messages posted here there are good files and bad files floating around. Someone needs to point to the good files to help everybody else out.
I Downloaded my copy from here and it works fine.
Who do we report this too?
I seen a post on the developers list already about the problem?? so hopefully someone will be looking into it.
-

Originally Posted by
ketthors
I had no trouble downloading it, but the speed was varying from 190 - 420 KB/s on a 4Mbit ADSL line.
I downloaded as soon as I had seen the announcement, so that could have something to say.
This was
ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/
Thank you. I dowloaded a copy from the abovemenioned server, and it checked out fine.
But; now my Intel 82801 Ethernet Controller is not working, which is weird bedause it has been working perfectly with all my previous copies of knoppix... but that's another story.
-
Junior Member
registered user
[quote="ifoutch"]Is anybody aware of issues with the V3.2-2003-05-20, hanging after running for aproximatelly 3 to 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what I am doing on the system. I tried starting it with different desktops, screen settings. It freezes for a minute, the screen goes black and after another minute, the CD auto-ejects! I'm running it on an older Dell Dimension L500C (Celeron). With an Intel 810 onboard video controller.
I have no problems whatsoever with V3.2-2003-05-20. Could be trouble with your computer. Bad RAM, perhaps ?
Similar Threads
-
By kx14386 in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
-
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
-
By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:03 AM
-
Replies: 14
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00