Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: V3.2-2003-05-20

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    11
    I've had no trouble with the english iso.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    40
    I have an english copy that has a good MD5 checksum. The CD boots without a hitch and I am glad that the QTparted links are now working . Anywase....the english version looks fine to me and the md5 is good. Maybe it is a bad mirror upload.

    Just a thought

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by bamarob
    Is this the proper place to be requesting added features/software? If not where can we make these requests so they'll be heard?

    Thanks,

    BR
    I suspect you'll have more luck by writing to the devlopers list (see Contact link above). Unless you want to try your hand at remastering though all we can do is suggest.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2
    Is anybody aware of issues with the V3.2-2003-05-20, hanging after running for aproximatelly 3 to 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what I am doing on the system. I tried starting it with different desktops, screen settings. It freezes for a minute, the screen goes black and after another minute, the CD auto-ejects! I'm running it on an older Dell Dimension L500C (Celeron). With an Intel 810 onboard video controller.

    To the issue with English ISO's: I also had problems getting the files to md5sum properly. I had to download 4 different files before I got a good one.

    Thanks
    --Ian

  5. #15
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by ifoutch
    Is anybody aware of issues with the V3.2-2003-05-20, hanging after running for aproximatelly 3 to 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what I am doing on the system. I tried starting it with different desktops, screen settings. It freezes for a minute, the screen goes black and after another minute, the CD auto-ejects! I'm running it on an older Dell Dimension L500C (Celeron). With an Intel 810 onboard video controller.

    To the issue with English ISO's: I also had problems getting the files to md5sum properly. I had to download 4 different files before I got a good one.

    Thanks
    --Ian


    As for me it works very nice. I am using the same release and everything seems to work fine.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1
    If you have downloaded a good (English) copy that the md5sum program gave a good checksum for would you let the rest of us know where you got it. If you noted the download speed, that would be nice to know, too.

    I've downloaded, KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-05-20-EN.iso, from Slugsite.Louisville.edu and ftp.gwdg.de. Both files are identical and give this as a checksum: e5bb350f94fb123df46e2902a3ee3a7a. Per the .md5 file it should be this: 4a8a34b040b653a9d102f1036827466a. I burned it anyway. It starts but hangs during boot. I found files listed in directories that couldn't be accessed.

    Apparently from messages posted here there are good files and bad files floating around. Someone needs to point to the good files to help everybody else out.

    Who do we report this too?

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2
    I've now downloaded two good copies of KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-05-20-EN.iso. The sites were ftp.lancs.mirror.ac.uk at an average speed of 73 KB/Sec and ftp.sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/knoppix at an average speed of 98 KB/Sec. The other three attempts were all from the US mirrors, at much higher speeds

    I'm going to try the download from the ftp.lancs site tonight and see if it hangs as well. I also downloaded the 5-16 to try if the other on hangs. I also put together another puter to try them on, in case it is some strange hardware issue.

    --Ian

    "May you solve interesting problems."
    Dale Dougherty

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by dogstar
    Apparently from messages posted here there are good files and bad files floating around. Someone needs to point to the good files to help everybody else out.
    I Downloaded my copy from here and it works fine.

    Who do we report this too?
    I seen a post on the developers list already about the problem?? so hopefully someone will be looking into it.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    BERGEN
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ketthors
    I had no trouble downloading it, but the speed was varying from 190 - 420 KB/s on a 4Mbit ADSL line.

    I downloaded as soon as I had seen the announcement, so that could have something to say.

    This was ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/
    Thank you. I dowloaded a copy from the abovemenioned server, and it checked out fine. But; now my Intel 82801 Ethernet Controller is not working, which is weird bedause it has been working perfectly with all my previous copies of knoppix... but that's another story.

  10. #20
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    11
    [quote="ifoutch"]Is anybody aware of issues with the V3.2-2003-05-20, hanging after running for aproximatelly 3 to 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what I am doing on the system. I tried starting it with different desktops, screen settings. It freezes for a minute, the screen goes black and after another minute, the CD auto-ejects! I'm running it on an older Dell Dimension L500C (Celeron). With an Intel 810 onboard video controller.


    I have no problems whatsoever with V3.2-2003-05-20. Could be trouble with your computer. Bad RAM, perhaps ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
  3. kernel won't boot on 5/20/2003 or 6/6/2003
    By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
  4. V3.2-2003-04-10
    By Stephen in forum News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:03 AM
  5. V3.2-2003-04-09
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00



Intel Core i7-11700K 3.60GHz 11th Gen CPU Processor MPN SRKNL X239G085 picture

Intel Core i7-11700K 3.60GHz 11th Gen CPU Processor MPN SRKNL X239G085

$140.00