Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: V3.2-2003-05-20

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by ifoutch
    To the issue with English ISO's: I also had problems getting the files to md5sum properly. I had to download 4 different files before I got a good one.
    I think we should have a bittorrent tracker for the Knoppix ISOs. That way you won't need to MD5 your file, since bittorrent will do that for you. It seems that the bittorrent client is as easy a installing the debian package. and for Windows there are a couple of (more or less) official builds, and off coarse the newest beta of Shareaza. That last one (once stable) adds the plus point that it shares on both ed2k and gnutella networks.

    I might set up a tracker myself if I get to build my own silent EPIA PC, and it's silent enough to keep running overnight. Don't know if my ISP would like it.

  2. #22
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Hmm, i've calculated what time it would take to upload Knoppix from my PC, you need to upload it at least once to another client. Since I also want to use my connection for normal internet, that would mean a max. upstream of ~6.5ko/s => 30hrs...

    So uhm... No, unless you can link to a file located on an FTP server.

    I'll investigate a bit.

    [edit]Just as I thought, you tell a bittorrent client to 'download' to the complete file, after hashing the file it will upload the completed file fragments (everything) when needed. So you will need at least one client with a big(ger) pipe. One of the current HTTP/FTP mirrors seem useable to me.[/edit]

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2
    I downloaded V3.2-2003-05-20-EN fine from
    ftp://ftp.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/pub/linux/knoppix/
    Good connection at the max speed of my cable connection ~520kbps.
    MD5 checked out OK.

    I have found in the past that download optimisers cause MD5 errors on my system. I think the way they split the iso file into, say, four streams and download them simultaneously, then reassemble them into one file, causes problems on this large file.
    So I now use the Right Click and Save Link Target As method.

    Isn't Knoppix wonderful?

  4. #24
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Drammen, Norway
    Posts
    11
    Regarding downloading in Windows:

    I have never had *any* problem downloading the ISOs with SmartFTP
    http://www.smartftp.com/

  5. #25
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Myconfig

    Hi All,
    What about Myconfig=scan?

    Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
  3. kernel won't boot on 5/20/2003 or 6/6/2003
    By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
  4. V3.2-2003-04-10
    By Stephen in forum News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:03 AM
  5. V3.2-2003-04-09
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 22 Vintage Expansion & Interface Cards Circuit Boards / PCBs UNTESTED picture

Lot of 22 Vintage Expansion & Interface Cards Circuit Boards / PCBs UNTESTED

$150.00



Atari 850 Interface Module Vintage 8-Bit Computer Expansion Serial Parallel Box picture

Atari 850 Interface Module Vintage 8-Bit Computer Expansion Serial Parallel Box

$159.95



7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC  picture

7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC

$35.98



Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC picture

Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC

$90.00



Vintage Commodore 64/128 Software Lot 23 5.25

Vintage Commodore 64/128 Software Lot 23 5.25" Floppy Disks UNTESTED w/ Manuals

$100.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



RadioShack TRS-80 PC-2 Pocket Computer Model PC-2 Vintage w/ Case picture

RadioShack TRS-80 PC-2 Pocket Computer Model PC-2 Vintage w/ Case

$120.00



EXCLUSIVE

EXCLUSIVE "Introducing APPLE II" very FIRST COLOR ADVERT _ Read Why RARE Vintage

$275.00



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99



Vintage Super Rare Exxon Office Supplies Keyboard Mechanical Untested* 1980-85 picture

Vintage Super Rare Exxon Office Supplies Keyboard Mechanical Untested* 1980-85

$499.99