-
Junior Member
registered user
X-Micro WLAN 11b USB Adapter (ZyDAS zd1201 based)
Hi,
after having figured out the issue with my crappy wireless card I figured I'd try using this USB adapter I have laying around. I find Linux drivers really quick, but II have no idea what to do with the stuff and it seems to me as though Knoppix did not automatically recognise the thing...
I downloaded the drivers from here and unpacked them... http://linux-lc100020.sourceforge.net/
I read the instructions, but I'm running off the Live CD, so how do I install the driver. My HDD is formatted NTFS and I believe Knoppix has an issue with that? I believe all Linux OSs do? Well anyways when I try to run "make" from the console I get this error:
Code:
INSTALL zd1201.fw zd1201-ap.fwcp: cannot create regular file `/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/zd1201.fw': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/zd1201-ap.fw': Permission denied
Failed: No firmware directory found
make: *** [install] Error 1
I really have no idea what I need to do. I've heard of people patching the kernel to include drivers or something. So can I modify the Knoppix.iso file or recompile it or whatever so that it includes this driver for me?
BTW the make file says this:
Code:
#
# Makefile for zd1201 firmware
#
FIRMWARE=zd1201.fw zd1201-ap.fw
INSTALL = cp -p -f
default: install
install:
@echo -n " INSTALL" ${FIRMWARE}
@test -d /etc/firmware \
&& $(INSTALL) ${FIRMWARE} /etc/firmware \
&& echo " =>" /etc/firmware/ \
|| test -d /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware \
&& $(INSTALL) ${FIRMWARE} /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware \
&& echo " =>" /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/ \
|| ( echo && echo "Failed: No firmware directory found" && false )
Now as I understand it this device is capable of the Master mode I want to set it to. This my conclusion from the read me file:
README for zd1201 Wireless USB firmware.
This package contains the firmware needed for the zd1201 devices to work.
Simply typing 'make' as root (or using 'su') should install the two firmware
files in the proper firmware directory used by the hotplug scripts.
This package contains two files, zd1201.fw is the firmware file for using the
device as a normal 802.11b client. The file zd1201-ap.fw is used to put the
device in access point mode.
Please send questions to the sourceforge forum (in case of problems add 'dmesg'
output) at
http://linux-lc100020.sourceforge.net/
Jeroen Vreeken,
[email protected]
If I am wrong so please tell me so I do not get my hopes up or such.
Similar Threads
-
By RHCA in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-22-2007, 08:19 AM
-
By skp in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 04:21 PM
-
By skp in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2005, 02:13 PM
-
By hyno in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-05-2005, 11:14 PM
-
By Gorkon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 20 Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1 320GB
$2399.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

4 Gb PC3L-12800R-11-13-A1 Memory Module
$79.50