Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Windows will not boot after using Knoppix live cd

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6

    Windows will not boot after using Knoppix live cd

    Just tried live cd for the first time. I noticed when knoppix was booting it did not recognise the graphics card ( ATI Radeon X1600 Pro). I assume it used the embedded Intel graphics, or it's own (not sure). While I was using Knoppix it froze up and I had to restart the computer. I took knoppix out before I restarted to boot into windows. Now the ati card will not work in my computer. The cp will not boot at all with the video card in, not even a bios screen. I have to take the ati card out and let windows boot with the embedded drivers (intel extreme 3). I can't install ati drivers without the card in. Did Knoppix replace my drivers? What options do I have?


    Intel Pentium 4
    Duo 2.80GHz
    533MHz
    Windows XP MCE

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Live CD doesn't change settings, so I can't explain your problem.

Similar Threads

  1. dead windows box --- knoppix live cd --- how to configure
    By silverwatersask in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
  2. Windows Live Vs Knoppix...
    By quinielas in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 02:37 AM
  3. Knoppix Live CD-Entire windows system backup to DVD via USB
    By mconzo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
  4. Live CD has caused windows ME to hang during boot!!
    By mightymidget in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 08:44 PM
  5. knoppix 3.3 live cd on a windows lan
    By pap2003 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98