-
Booting Knoppix from a USB memory key in VMWare
Hi everyone,
I've got a question with Knoppix 5.01..
I've followed the instructions at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bootable_USB_Key and everything is working as it should. However, I want to also try and boot my installation of Knoppix on my flash key from vmware (so I can do apt-get update's etc while working).
I've selected for VMWare (Workstation 5.5.3) to use the full disk (/dev/sdb) and when I boot I get to the knoppix screen. If I hit enter I get the dreaded "Cant find KNOPPIX Filesystem.." error. I've tried adding fromhd=/dev/sda4 to as this is the device the usb flash key is assigned if I boot from the Knoppix CD in VMware (using the exact same VMWare config). I've also tried booting from the actual CD and trying the same thing also with no luck.
Any help at this stage would be much appreciated!
thanks
grantonstar
Similar Threads
-
By jasonl in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 01:35 PM
-
By tinybox in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 07:55 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By junwen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 10:59 AM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99