Unfortunately, wireless networking is a very weak point in Knoppix in general and in version 5.0.1 in particular. I have several wireless cards, only one of them has ever worked in Knoppix although some other distros recognize and properly use two other cards. On top of that, the one card that did work in 4.02 stopped working in 5.0.1. I don't seem to be alone in this, many people have wireless networking problems with 5.01. So while it's worth checking to see if your hardware does just happen to work with Knoppix, my suggestion is to not expend a lot of effort on getting your setup to work if Knoppix doesnt like it.

I you really feel you need wireless networking I would try a few other live CDs, including Puppy Linux, Mandirva and even Unbuntu to see if they have better luck.

Also, the number of people likely to have your same model of notebook is low, so it might help if you look at the hardware setup in Windows and recorded the the wifi chipset that your model uses. Thet way people might be able to tell you if the chipset has any Linux support, any Knoppix support, or is one of the closed source chip designs that so far is only supported under Windows.