-
Problem with Knoppix v3.2
Hello
When i start Knoppix my mouse and keyboard won't work. When i move my mouse around it doesn't move and after 3-5 secs of moving it, it opens like 10 Konqueror windows, resolting in error message later on.
My hardware is a pentium 2 MMX 450mhz, ATI rage pro 3D, voodoo2, Aztech PCI 338-A3D Studio, INTEL 82371AB/EB 8.1 GB, 128 mb RAM, Fujitsu M-S48 mouse and a Microsoft SEM-DC8L keyboard.
Everything works perfectly under W98...
Maybe i should add that ATI rage pro 3D is my premium graphiccard and Voodoo2 is only a extra PCI card (SLI interface).
What seems to be the problem in your eyes?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problem with Knoppix v3.2

Originally Posted by
ozzan
What seems to be the problem in your eyes?
That's very hard to say. In the General Support forum there is a sticky about Linux commands and how to gain info about your hardware (Linux style of course). Post some more info and then maybe someone can help.
How do your mouse and keyboard connect?
If you're not actively using the Voodoo you might try removing it.
Which Knoppix release are you booting?
Be as detailed about Linux as you were about your hardware specs if possible.
-
Both my mouse and my keyboard connects to my computer using the PS/2 (?) contact.
Since a voodoo2 SLI is only activated when you start a game or a andvanced graphic application and it shows a correct boot/desktop image it shouldnt be a problem.
I'm booting Knoppix 3.2.
I'm adding that I have a Swedish keyboard, but that shouldn't be a problem since it is only the labels on the buttons that is different from a English keyboard.
hmm
Well the first time i booted Knoppix I got a message, just in the beginning when the marker stays on "boot:". The message had a blue background and said something about my keyboard, like "Error only supporting de eng ru etc etc"... Why my mouse isnt working is a very weird... It is connected properly.
I really wanna get this going!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Boot like this:
knoppix 2
Then do this:
Code:
cat /proc/pci
cat /proc/interrupts
dmesg | less
Look for any errors, take your time and read everything- there's alot of info to be gained there. At least write down anything that looks like an error.
I realize that it will be hard to post all of that info when you can't boot into a desktop environment. You could try to use lynx and see if you can get online.
Since a voodoo2 SLI is only activated when you start a game or a andvanced graphic application and it shows a correct boot/desktop image it shouldnt be a problem.
Perhaps it isn't always in use but it DOES still get an IRQ no matter what right? Yank that bad boy out and see if it helps. I have had some issues w/ more than one video card and Linux before- don't get me wrong they can certainly work together but it's at least worth a shot right?
Have you been booting with any cheat codes?
-
Man this is strange!
Im writing this from Knoppix now, I was about to try the suggestion above and when i got to the boot menu i could write! So now its working perfectly...
I've got two questions tho,
1 When i start a .exe file on my windows partition it comes up a windows which wants me to choose a opener... If I'm opening for example counterstrike, what shall I select and from what submenu?
2 How do you change the settings for the mouse? I wanna change the sensitivity, code?
3 Can I open photoshop7 when i'm running under Knoppix?
what the .... Is happening ..now my Keyboard dont worK damndamndamn
Thanks alot for your help, I really it!
Similar Threads
-
By maussimo010 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-03-2005, 05:52 PM
-
By andymadigan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 03:43 AM
-
By the_halfling in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 03:32 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By xetaprime in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 10:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$438.45

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$509.99

LaCie Rugged SSD 1TB Portable SSD USB3.1 Gen2 IP67 Waterproof
$475.00

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99