is that the bios stdout saying where it is up to ?
what are the specs on the computer ?
I'd be checking the state of the cd-rom you are using and the style of cd-media you are booting from
Ok, when I boot Knoppix version 5 from cd, my computer freezes at the screen where it says "Boot: ". I know it is not the cd, because I've booted from it succesfully on a different computer and a laptop. Does anyone have any idea why? Or how to fix this problem?![]()
Thanks in advance.
~Briceman
is that the bios stdout saying where it is up to ?
what are the specs on the computer ?
I'd be checking the state of the cd-rom you are using and the style of cd-media you are booting from
Umm, wow, you lost me.
I'm not sure if it helps or not, but I took a picture of my monitor at where it freezes.
Thanks.![]()
you you said you got it to work on another computer
'cos that's just the screen where you press enter to boot
and i don't wanna make you sound rooly dumbanlame cos u said it worked ;=)
so, does the F2 or F3 option bring up a different splashcreen of info
or is it frozen solid locked weird kaput dead ?
Another possibility is the disk itself. I have encountered numerous problems with disks burned at high speed. The disk would boot on the original system, but fail on another. Burning the boot disks at 4X or 8X solved the problem.

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 18000Pa 2 in 1 Vacuum Cleaner&Air Duster, Blue
$53.21
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99