-
Knoppix messed up my suse distribution
I used Knoppix as a rescue CD and now my suse system has a Knoppix login prompt after boot.
I have looked everywhere that I know and cannot find out how that is done.
I have reinstalled grub. I suspect that maybe my initrd file might have been modified, but that seems unlikely.
I had found some xauth entries for the Knoppix hostname and deleted them. It seems that my hostname gets set to Knoppix sonehow.
Here is the prompt that I get for loging:
"Welcome to Suse .........
Knoppix login:"
I checked some of the config files for login and I did not find "Knoppix" in any of them.
My dhclient.leases file has the following entry
"option host-name "Knoppix";"
That seems to be set because the HOSTNAME shell variable is set to Knoppix somehow.
Similar Threads
-
By hissingshark in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
-
By audax.a in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 03:22 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 12:00 AM
-
By OziD in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 07:20 AM
-
By paradocs in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99