You have probably uses a FAT32 file system, you need to be using a Linux file system of some kind or the permissions will all be nonsense
Jim
I have followed the steps in http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto to the letter as well as many other remastering how to documents. The common thread in all is that when I attempt to chroot to the source directory if get the
chroot: /bin/bash: No such file or directory error.
I have done all the suggested steps in other posts and still have the same problem.
Any suggestions where I'm going wrong.
Nick
You have probably uses a FAT32 file system, you need to be using a Linux file system of some kind or the permissions will all be nonsense
Jim
I'll give that a try. I thought I had the right type, but I'll try again. Thanks for the pointer.
What Linux distribution are you using? If you can't chroot from your installed Linux, try to chroot from Knoppix CD.Originally Posted by frustrated user
-tapsa-
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that to see if it is the installed version or my operations.
Nick
Is the location, that is where you want to chroot, another partition ?
If so, make sure that it is mounted correctly from the command line by superuser
Code:mount -o remount,rw /<mountpoint>/<partition>
hi
just curious have u solved ur problem. bcoz i'd the same problem long back n now ve now successfully completed re-mastering.
regards
edit: disregard this message, I posted in the wrong thread... :duh:
thanks guys. I'm off to bed for now but I'll give it another shot tomorrow. I've been at this project quite a bit this past week and needed a day or so to start fresh. I'll let you know how it goes!
I've the same problem that you have... any way to resolve??
I'm using the last version of knoppix live cd, in a laptop, and chrooting to a /mnt/sda1 and says tbat
I'm running with the livecd, and i've mounted the sda1 with -rw options, and it's a ext3 partition.Code:'/bin/bash' : no such file or directory
This is really very strange. I just tested chroot and got amazing results: I can chroot to some partitions and some not! I don't find any logical answer why I can't chroot to some partitions. This don't seem to have anything to do with bash version or fstab options. Here's an old snapshot of Knoppix 3.3 and chroot http://linux.ilmainen.net/knoppix/kuvat/chroot.png how it should work.Originally Posted by joke
The stange thing is also that using Fabian Franz's knoppix-remaster script chroot's happily without problems to those partition where I got that same bash error message as you do. This is a mystery to me.
-tapsa-

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Sophos XG 135 Rev.3 Firewall Security Appliance 8x GbE Desktop 6GB RAM 64GB SSD
$114.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00