-
knoppix-installer partition choices
When I try to install (I think from version 5.0), I can only select partitions that I do not want to use. I used the partition tool to reformat an existing partition to ext3, but it is not displayed as an option (it has 9.3GB available). I have installed 3.8 several times and it works, but it does not configure the system to use my nforce chipset correctly. I just want to force the installer (knoppix-installer) to use a particular partition.
Thanks
-
using a booted cd on an existing system
you will get caught if any partition has been opened for a look
as it will be mounted read only
qed... you can't therefore damage it in qparted
you can
umount /mount/hda3
before you start in the su dos window
or do it from scratch in a TTY window
I've found I can do some fdisking in
cfdisk from the TTY window that i can't get to work in the gui window's qparted
but i can't get cfdisk to get the partition types right
Similar Threads
-
By gherrera87 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2007, 01:19 AM
-
By king_crimson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 08:25 PM
-
By Kumagoro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 04:26 AM
-
By ykhov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 07:05 PM
-
By eadz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 11:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

57pc UNUSED RAM Memory Lot DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 G.SKILL HyperX ADATA Kingston Micron
$750.00

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
![OWC RAM DDR4 64GB 2666mhz SODIMM [2x32GB Modules] + [2x16GB FREE] = 96GB picture](/store/img/g/O2MAAeSw8DZqxEUA/s-l225/OWC-RAM-DDR4-64GB-2666mhz-SODIMM-2x32GB-Modules-2x.jpg)
OWC RAM DDR4 64GB 2666mhz SODIMM [2x32GB Modules] + [2x16GB FREE] = 96GB
$600.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$155.19

16GB DDR3 RAM Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz PC3-14900 UDIMM Non-ECC 240-Pin Memory Upgrade
$121.99

16GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM Upgrade Kit (2x8GB) Non-ECC Unbuffered 240-Pin UDIMM
$75.99