-
Help retrieving lost data
Hi All,
I had WinXp installed, backed up the files that I thought I needed, then installed Debian. I now realized that there are some files that I missed. Does Knoppix have any utilities available to retrieve lost data such as this? The installation of Debian did not take a lot of time so I'm thinking it simply overwrote the MBR but did not format the harddrive entirely.
Thanks in advance for any help!
PS - I'm comfortable w/ Linux & the command line, so no need for any complex howto's.
Similar Threads
-
By witt734 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-07-2009, 06:27 PM
-
By aprac00 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2007, 08:27 PM
-
By RGPHNX in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 09:23 PM
-
By knulle in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 03:33 PM
-
By mizou in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 05:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Yealink W70B W73H DECT IP VoIP Cordless Phone Handset Base Charger Never Used
$109.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

NETGEAR GS116EPP 16-Port Gigabit PoE+ Easy Smart Switch 231W SFP
$304.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP
$800.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules
$69.00