Check out this link.Originally Posted by Gregwithoneg
![]()
http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html
Paul![]()
Myself and my learned friend have embarked on a mission to try out Linux, and we have to say how significant Knoppix is as an addition to the catalogue of Opertaing Systems.
Just one question however, of many.
How does one install Knoppix to the systems Hard Drive?
If possible, can it be setup to dual boot.
Thats two questions soz.
Check out this link.Originally Posted by Gregwithoneg
![]()
http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html
Paul![]()
Buy the way it is possible to dual boot.
Check out the doc's section of this site
paul![]()
There is a guide here and a search of the forum will provide you with many of the answers you will need.
Whenever I have installed with Knoppix, the hdinstall script has automatically configured lilo to be able to boot operating systems on other partitions. I think this was broken in some previous versions of the hdinstall script, but I believe that it has been fixed for some time now.
As the heading suggests, we have succesfully installed, although not without problems.
First thing is that we now cannot see our hard drives except the partition that knoppix is on.
We cannot connect to the Internet via broadband.
We did however get a connection the first time we rebooted Linux but none since. It hangs when trying to configure the eth0 and then fails.
We are using an AEI fast ethernet adaptor.
Hope someone has a suggestion.
I am GregwithoneG's associate. I am posting immediately after G's post because whoever reads this might be suprised to learn that we have just done the first Linux boot this morning (UK Time) and guess what? We have net!
No idea whats going on here . I simply used Scroll/Lock to monitor the boot up and there was no mention of initializing the eth0.. (What we could see at least)
G has informed me that when he is in Linux (and searching for clues) he found a usb viewer under applications/tools and he sees this message-:
cannot open the file /proc/bus/usb/devices
Verify that you have usb compiled into your kernel,
have the usb modules loaded/ and haven the usbdevfs filesystem mounted.
In fact I copied it word for word as it appears right now. Yet I have access. I know I shouldn't complain cos we now have access, but the problem is that we have no idea if we are going to have access each boot.
Has anyone any suggestions?

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7GHz Socket AM5 Desktop CPU 96MB L3
$360.00
HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98