Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 4.0.2 (CD/DVD): SERVICEMENUS BUG!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14

    Knoppix 4.0.2 (CD/DVD): SERVICEMENUS BUG!!!

    If you run Knoppix 4.0.2 CD or DVD, and you open a konqueror window with some files and/or directories in it, and do a right-click on a file or dir, the "Action" submenu that opens when you put the cursor over "Action" shows twice: the same list repeated.

    The same thing happens if you right-click on a desktop icon

    Anyone has any idea why this happens??? I'm talking about the files in /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus

    The interesting thing is that this BUG is no longer happening if you install Knoppix on harddrive...

    Fabian maybe could think about some possible causes??

    I squashed my brains out but I could not figure why this happens. I tried deleting the directory abovementioned (I can do this because it's UNIONFS) and then the servicemenus show only once, that is normally. I then copied the servicemenus dir from /KNOPPIX to /home/knoppix/.kde/share/apps/konqueror and the servicemenus showed again twice.

    I looked for any possible second copy of the directory somewhere in /usr/local, there isn't any... neither links or anything like that.
    Again, it's no longer manifesting if you install knoppix on HDD...

    Any ideas, please??? What do I have to whack to get rid of the ghost of the servicemenu???

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    use the 5.0.1 cd

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14
    Oh, yeah??? Thanks for the solution, but do you think I would bother posting here if I wanted to use 5.0.1???

    If you don't have any idea about a solution, don't waste space here uselessly, please.

    Geez!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard

$101.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen picture

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen

$59.99