Hello. I need to use fb1024x768 at the boot prompt, but I also want to have acpi=off. I have tried to combine them at the boot: prompt without success. How does one do this?
Thanks.
IMF
Hello. I need to use fb1024x768 at the boot prompt, but I also want to have acpi=off. I have tried to combine them at the boot: prompt without success. How does one do this?
Thanks.
IMF
separate them by a space
Yes. thanks, but it was the syntax that I was trying to glean.
Anyhow, I did finally figure it out after experimenting some more. For those who will follow ...
You have to start with the fb1024 x 768.
After that, it doesn't matter whether you have the knoppix word in there or not.
You can use
fb1024x768 knoppix acpi=off noapm
or you can have
fb1024x768 acpi=off noapm
Both work.
Knoppix acpi=off fb1024x768
does not work.
Happy Holidays,
IMF
IMF
for the dumbies (me included )
what's the fb trying to do ?
and ideas on why it should work before the knoppix command but not after ?
Easy enough,
fb1024x768 is a label, not an option. So it will just be ignored on the cli.
The getops() will sequence through the cli option strings looking for a specific option. So if there is a string there that doesn't have a handler, then it will just be bypassed.
If an option is a viable option and it isn't working, or seems to be ignored ... it is likely that its' handeler is inadvertainly missing in the file that is used to pass those options.
The 'fb' adds graphic capabilities to the console. Allows different resolutions and some other graphic facilities. Such as the tux logo that can be had during boot if set in the kernelCode:.../boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg LABEL fb1024x768 KERNEL linux APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 xmodule=fbdev initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
jm

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99
Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99