-
Automount Issues.....again....sorry! Awww Please !
Okay, I am new this whole penguin thing so bear with me. I have installed Knoppix 5.0 on the HD. On boot I was having issues with automounting. From some of the posts on this site I determined that I needed to change the UID and GID settings in /etc/fstab. Using VI I changed the GID and UID from knoppic to my logon id. On reboot it automatically finds and mounts those devices but when I insert a new/different USB thumbdrive, it does not find that. How can I change the system to atomatically find and allow me to mount new devices added to the system? In my office we often transfer data with thumb drives and it will be a hassle so have to keep changing and rebooting. Opppps I almost forgot to mention. The devices are found and a icon is placed on the desktop. I CANNOT mount it using the gui but can with a command line......any help would be appreciated...
Similar Threads
-
By pulsar in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2009, 05:51 PM
-
By johnpipe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2006, 11:07 PM
-
By vijirin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 02:55 PM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 AM
-
By Tech1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-31-2003, 04:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95