-
Knoppix firewall
Hi,Though I have been using Knoppix5.0 already for two weeks,I am not familiar with it yet.Frankly speaking I am a total beginner.My previous experience with Win XP brought me only troubles - a plenty of worms and spy programmes.This is why,following the advice of a friend I started using Knoppix 5.0 on a live CD.In order to be sure,that my e-mail correspondence will not be shared,I decided to configure a Knoppix firewall.But this enquires creating a persistent Knoppix image.Doesn't it mean,that after creating such a persistent image on the HDD I will be in the same situation like in Win XP?I also would like to know,whether the DHCP broadcast makes me easy for identifying in the net?Does the router make me invisible for the others in the net?Thank you in advance for your assistance and for providing me ideas for solving the matter.
Similar Threads
-
By zenlakin in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2007, 10:09 PM
-
By dmizer in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2006, 12:40 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-27-2006, 08:44 AM
-
By 3dmatrix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 12:33 AM
-
By RT in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T470 Intel Core i5-7300U 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Touchscreen Win 11
$199.00