I have a Transcend 40GB External USB Drive (StoreJet 2.5). I would like to install Knoppix or RedHat into it. Can anyone give me guidelines, please?
Hello,
Knoppix 4.01, hard drive installation. It seems, that USB2 doesn't work for me, I have USB1.0 support only
Error message while booting the system:
I'm confused, because I have no idea what does it mean...Can you help me?USB 2.1: Device descriptor read/64, error -71
I have a Transcend 40GB External USB Drive (StoreJet 2.5). I would like to install Knoppix or RedHat into it. Can anyone give me guidelines, please?
Hari, you should have started a new topic instead of hijacking someone else's!
Awyway I cannot tell for sure for RedHat but the stock knoppix mini root disk used while booting does not unfortunately have USB support. So - you can stiil get knoppix to boot as an ISO image, poor man's install (check the doc link at the top of this page if this does not make sense to you), or full HD-install, but you'll need to use Gilles' alternative minirt.
See the summarry at the top of this longish thread, and download the mirt_usb6 mentioned here.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99