Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Compad armada and its mouse

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1

    Compad armada and its mouse

    Hello,
    The 20/05/03 version don't recognize the mouse ov my Compaq Armada E700. It's strange because the 16/05/03 version works fine...

    A new bug ?

    Thanks

    Markov

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2
    I have a Compaq Armada Model 7400 and a second model M700 laptop and have exactly the same experience, i.e., it worked well on 3.1 but the IBM style pushpin mouse is frozen to the center of the screen with version 3.2. All units were booted from the CD.

    I've tried the "knoppix pci=irqmask=0x0e98" at boot with no improvement noted on either laptop. I haven't tried whether an external USB mouse would work.

    regards,

    jim...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2
    Markov,

    I've discovered that if I use a USB mouse, the USB mouse works fine. So I will use this approach until a real fix is discovered. Have you found another solution?

    regards,

    jim...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1
    Hi,
    I have a Compaq Armada M700 and I have the same problem. I can´t get an USB mouse right now. Does any body knows how to make the mouse work??

    Help....

    Andrés

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wis USA
    Posts
    2
    I had the same problem - went into the bios and disabled a setting - think it was something to do with the keyboard / mouse ( ps2 ) connector on the back and now a ps2 mouse works

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4
    Just thought I'd chime in and say I am having the same problem on a Compaq Armada 1598DMT.

    Worked fine till latest ver, and now nothing.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4

    Fix

    Thanks to FreddyK from #knoppix, a temp fix is as simple as:

    knoppix nowheel

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    works for me .. tkx

    with nowheel boot option works for me ..

    tkx

  9. #9

    Just wanteed to say >

    I use Armada 7400 and just downloaded Knoppix at the 03/07/14
    I noticed that i had major probs with the buildt in mouse...

    BUT when a ps/2 mouse is connected at the back the buildt in mouse is activated imidatly...

    Dunno why though,,,, that can someone with the brains figure out

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    2

    Re: works for me .. tkx

    Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto
    with nowheel boot option works for me ..

    tkx
    I have COMPAQ E500 PII400, my knoppix didnt found my touchpad, why?
    For what i option "Knoppix nowheel"?
    If I type this in boot, knopix did found touchpad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Compaq Armada E500 CD-less!!!
    By Oasis in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 11:46 AM
  2. Compaq Armada mouse trouble
    By jndixon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 07:17 PM
  3. Mouse is not working! - Compaq Armada 1250
    By Kelphyr in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 01:39 PM
  4. Mouse not working on Compaq Armada E500 laptop
    By deevs in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2004, 03:18 PM
  5. Compaq Armada M700 Mouse Problem, vijay chauhan
    By vijuchauhan in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00