Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cant open USB device

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35

    Cant open USB device

    Hi:

    I am using Knoppix 4.0, I want to transfer some files from a USB keychain storage device, I cannot read it in /mnt/ uba1, drive-c etc

    How to read/write data to USB, how about making an Icon automatically appear on Desktop upon insertiing the USB storage device.


    Thanks,
    AJ

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16
    Theres a similer problem you should check out this post

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26278

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    Hi ILoveKagome:

    A relevant topic, If I use a USB CD-Writer it works but does not with any other USB based device. I have these options in /mnt/ hda1, hda3, hda5, uba1, drive_c, auto, test. None open. But under Kanotix, I get all USB devices listed.

    I am forced to use a USB Modem, I was desperate.

    Thanks
    AJ

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
  2. Open Office doesn't open in Knoppix 4.0.2
    By scozzese in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
  3. Fstab mounted device, users cant view/open (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 04:00 AM
  4. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
  5. unable to open a suitable terminal device
    By MrAhmad in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2003, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01