-
Installing on USB Harddisk -> help anyone?
Hi all,
I have Googled a lot to find the answer to the following question(s), but I can't find it anywhere, so I hope to find help here.
Here is what I want:
I have a 40gb 2 1/2" external USB 2.0 harddisk. I would like to have the Knoppix 4.0 DVD run from it as if it is a DVD (so with hardware detection etc..)
So that way I will be able to boot from it from different machines with different hardware, just as I would from the DVD. That way I have a portable Linux distro with me and I can store data and access it from the USB harddisk. Also handy for systems that do not have a DVD but CD only.
Ideally it should also run with a USB 1.1 system...
A) Is the above scenario at all possible
B) If yes: how?
C) If no, can I install Linux (any flavor) on my USB and boot from it?
Remember: I'm pretty much a Linux noob, so please be specific with any pointers or solutions
ps: most systems I work on do have the option to boot either from USB HDD or USB floppy or LS120 (or something like a big floppy/zip drive?)...
Similar Threads
-
By chessweb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2006, 09:21 PM
-
By GblubbR in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 05:18 PM
-
By Dobez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 02:41 PM
-
By Pix21 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 03:15 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67