-
Re: KNOPPIX_V5.1.1DVD-2007-01-04-EN.iso corrupt?

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
No, it would not be a good idea (I'll restrain myself from saying what kind of idea it would be). Two people, ckamin and kej, already confirmed the md5 checksum was correct. kej even used a mirror. If you go back and look at my post you'll see that I stated mirrors do indeed sometimes work, but I've seem a repeatable corruption issue with them, which completely explains matching bad md5 checksums. If you want to waste a DVD that's OK with me but advising others to do so when the md5 check fails is wrong.
If you want to avoid this problem in the future and don't mind the side effect of faster downloads, open your mind to the idea of trying something new to you and learn how to set up and run BitTorrent properly.
Thanks for your reply, Harry.
I certainly wouldn't dream of advising anyone to do anything!
I tried burning the iso and booted knoppix from it, using the boot code "knoppix testdvd".
This resulted in a message saying that one of the 78 files didn't match its MD5.
The file was KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX ... or is that a directory?
There was then another message saying, "Everything seems to be OK"
and Knoppix booted.
(The two messages seem to be somewhat inconsistent!)
I have used BitTorrent a lot, with excellent results - but when I tried using it to get Knoppix the speed was amazingly low.
Less than 1 KB/s. Wonder why? Normally I can get a hundred times that.
There were plenty of seeds, too.
Any ideas or advice?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options
$259.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50