-
Let me see if I can clarify....
I use Win2K as my main OS booting off of a SCSI HD on ID0.
Second SCSI HD is on ID1.
First DVD/CD-ROM is a SCSI device on ID2 (I want to boot Knoppix from this CD-ROM).
Second CD-RW is a SCSI device on ID3
There are NO ATA-IDE devices in this machine.
I believe I need my first HD at ID0 to boot Win2K, so yes, changing the ID's just to boot Knoppix would be an inconvenience. I chose to play with Knoppix since I thought it would be nice to have a Linux installation that would allow me to keep my system in it's current state. As much as I would like to switch completely to Linux, I require Windoze for most of my development work. I know I could set Linux on a separate partition and use a boot manager, but I've had bad experiences with this in the past. Knoppix seemed like a perfect solution since it boots from CD.
BTW... I am using a brand new Adaptec 39320-R SCSI host adapter (Ultra320). Could it be that Knoppix doesn't support this device?
Similar Threads
-
By geoffleach in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
-
By davefarber in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 07:30 AM
-
By 3133 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2003, 03:27 PM
-
By RobTuck in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2003, 04:55 PM
-
By scoozme in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Original 11" LCD Display Touch Screen Digitizer For Samsung Galaxy A9+ SM-X218U
$48.80

Samsung PM9A1 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe M.2 SSD
$135.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

For Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 2020 SM-T500 T505 LCD Display Touch Screen Digitizer
$38.50

Samsung LC34G55TWDNXZA 34" Odyssey G55T WQHD 165Hz 1ms(MPRT) AMD FreeSync HDR
$217.00