dos screen
lspci
gui desktop
Knoppix
System
KInfoCenter Info Center
I have searched these forums, the FAQs and the web for this information, as well as scouring the Knoppix menus. I am a long time Mandriva user, and rely on the "MCC--->hardware" function to view all hardware on a given machine. I can't find a similar hardware summary app in Knoppix. What am I missing?
Is there an app somewhere on the menus that gives a complete view of hardware and module use? I have a Knoppix 5.0 DVD running on a machine here and I wanted to see what memory is installed and in which slot, there's 3 RAM modules of different sizes and I'd hoped to determine which was the smallest one. (in order to replace it)
A one-stop, view all hardware app would be a godsend. Any suggestions?
dos screen
lspci
gui desktop
Knoppix
System
KInfoCenter Info Center
A good Julian '07 to ya.Originally Posted by marhleet
Above familiar, fun, but not enough. lspci doesn't cover chip sets, device modules, mem sockets, much else. kinfocenter has same limitations, though most fun, wow the eye.
lspci -v
gives more but probably same as the info center

Vintage Apple Macintosh M0116 Keyboard & A9M0331 Mouse ADB Tested Working
$125.00
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
Vintage Apple III VisiCalc III User Manual & Reference Card UNTESTED
$175.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh M0100 Mouse Beige One Button DB9 Made USA Untested
$59.99
Vintage APPLE EXTENDED KEYBOARD w/ Orange Alps Switches & Cable M0115 UNTESED
$134.95
Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo MiniDock Portable Mini Dock M7780 Vintage Mac RARE
$136.99
VINTAGE APPLE II PLUS VIDEX ENHANCER II MODIFIED KEYBOARD OVERLAY MICROSCI
$200.00
Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different
$99.99
Vintage Apple ImageWriter II Dot-Matrix Printer Powers On Untested Fair
$100.00