-
how to generally view hardware
I have searched these forums, the FAQs and the web for this information, as well as scouring the Knoppix menus. I am a long time Mandriva user, and rely on the "MCC--->hardware" function to view all hardware on a given machine. I can't find a similar hardware summary app in Knoppix. What am I missing?
Is there an app somewhere on the menus that gives a complete view of hardware and module use? I have a Knoppix 5.0 DVD running on a machine here and I wanted to see what memory is installed and in which slot, there's 3 RAM modules of different sizes and I'd hoped to determine which was the smallest one. (in order to replace it)
A one-stop, view all hardware app would be a godsend. Any suggestions?
-
dos screen
lspci
gui desktop
Knoppix
System
KInfoCenter Info Center
-
happpy oh-seven

Originally Posted by
marhleet
dos screen
lspci
gui desktop
Knoppix
System
KInfoCenter Info Center
A good Julian '07 to ya.
Above familiar, fun, but not enough. lspci doesn't cover chip sets, device modules, mem sockets, much else. kinfocenter has same limitations, though most fun, wow the eye.
-
lspci -v
gives more but probably same as the info center
Similar Threads
-
By Sebulba in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 07:02 AM
-
By drews in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 09:59 AM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:39 AM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1999 Hot Wheels PC USB Keyboard SK-1100U(E) + Speakers Patriot Tested
$149.99

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW
$1000.00

Vintage NICE Plus 486 USA Motherboard Intel i486 DX2 CPU Manual Expansion Card
$224.99

Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030
$149.00

Rare Vintage Rockwell AIM-65 Microcomputer 6500 With Several Manuals
$500.00

Vintage Compaq Portable II Personal Computer 256K 5.25" disk 80286 9" GRN DOS 3.
$285.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Sun Microsystems Keyboard 3201256-01 Vintage Retro PC Computer PS/2 w/Box
$135.00

HP Hewlett Packard 82002A Battery Charger AC Adapter for Vintage Calculators
$48.99

Vintage IBM 3151 ASCII Display Terminal CRT Monitor Untested
$100.00