dos screen
lspci
gui desktop
Knoppix
System
KInfoCenter Info Center
I have searched these forums, the FAQs and the web for this information, as well as scouring the Knoppix menus. I am a long time Mandriva user, and rely on the "MCC--->hardware" function to view all hardware on a given machine. I can't find a similar hardware summary app in Knoppix. What am I missing?
Is there an app somewhere on the menus that gives a complete view of hardware and module use? I have a Knoppix 5.0 DVD running on a machine here and I wanted to see what memory is installed and in which slot, there's 3 RAM modules of different sizes and I'd hoped to determine which was the smallest one. (in order to replace it)
A one-stop, view all hardware app would be a godsend. Any suggestions?
dos screen
lspci
gui desktop
Knoppix
System
KInfoCenter Info Center
A good Julian '07 to ya.Originally Posted by marhleet
Above familiar, fun, but not enough. lspci doesn't cover chip sets, device modules, mem sockets, much else. kinfocenter has same limitations, though most fun, wow the eye.
lspci -v
gives more but probably same as the info center

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5in Internal SSD Solid State Drive, Silver
$70.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$59.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00