-
Junior Member
registered user
Trying to move from Knppix 4.0 to 5.0
I've been doing OK with Knoppix 4.0 live CD and live DVD for 6 months now. I am now trying to get Knoppix 5.0 live dvd to work on my PC but nothing much works: (I have a diskless Pentium with a flash memory stick).
1) All cheat codes are ignored. Therefore my configuration file isn't found.
2) Control settings are fixed and can't be changed. Therefore I am stuck at a screen resolution of 640x480 with a 20" monitor.
3) K menu pages auto paint with no margin so open when I don't want them and they can't be closed without selecting an unwanted link.
Do I have a defective DVD? Does 5.1 solve any of these problems? 5.0 appears to be a massive step backwards from 4.0, so please tell me I am missing some little obvious thing I must do to make it all cooperate! Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-12-2006, 11:59 PM
-
By Coorme in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 07:14 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 07:55 AM
-
By BigM in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:34 AM
-
By marlinswin in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 04:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Vaquform DT2 - Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine
$800.00

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum
$72.62