Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: cloop problem with knoppix 5.1

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87

    cloop problem with knoppix 5.1

    I have downloaded knoppix 5.1 cd, did the md5 checksum, but when I booted it from cd, it couldn't find
    /cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko. I tried the testcd cheat, but it doesn't give any message. I wound up in a very limited command-line shell. I looked up the file through Windows 2000 and found it. I was using 5.0 with no problem.

    My machine is a no-name P4 with 256M ram, 1.6GHz, 40G hard-drive. I've tried it on both CD drives, a Sony CRX230E, and LG CRD-8521B.

    Has anyone else had a problem with the cloop file under 5.1 ?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    It has worked fine for me. Your problem sounds like it may have been caused by a high speed burn, or a marginal reader or marginal media.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    I tried a slowest burn on a CD-RW. Perhaps I should try a CD-R (which I have been using in the past). I'll try this after my daughter's optometrist appointment. (I have a few things to take care of before she returns to university)

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    87
    I tried another burn on a CD-R. I have knoppix 5.1 now! It must have been a bad burn, although testcd didn't reveal anything wrong.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb
    I tried another burn on a CD-R. I have knoppix 5.1 now! It must have been a bad burn, although testcd didn't reveal anything wrong.
    I confirm this bug...for me the CD gives me this error in 50% of case...

  6. #6
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by willemijns
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb
    I tried another burn on a CD-R. I have knoppix 5.1 now! It must have been a bad burn, although testcd didn't reveal anything wrong.
    I confirm this bug...for me the CD gives me this error in 50% of case...
    What are you confirming, that 1/2 of your burns are bad? That would seem to be a confirmation that you have marginal media, a flakey drive, or that you burn too fast, not a "bug" in Knoppix. If you are confirming that half of your downloads are bad then you are using the mirrors and are seeing what I saw for years before BitTorrent feeds were available, I would suggest that you learn to use BitTorrent.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    I confirm this bug...for me the CD gives me this error in 50% of case...
    What are you confirming, that 1/2 of your burns are bad?.[/quote]

    sorry, my sentence could be mispellled i actually have this probleme of "cloop.ko"
    in 5.1.0 in 50% of case... my CD is good with "knoppix testcd" and i have no problem with 5.0.1

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with cloop.o & minirt.gz / Knoppix 3.8.1
    By sand in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 09:51 PM
  2. Problem with cloop
    By lrathle in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 05:47 PM
  3. problem with cloop
    By sabel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:15 PM
  4. problem with cloop module...
    By Myrdhin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 02:54 PM
  5. Problem with cloop
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router picture

Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router

$500.00



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00