-
5.0.1 boots, but 4.0 does not (HP t3640)
Hi everyone,
I have a CD and a DVD of Knoppix 5.0.1 .
Both pass the "knoppix testcd" test.
Neither will boot my machine, and both fail in
the same way: "autoconfiguring devices" gets stuck,
with the green bar getting longer and longer until
it hits the right-hand side of the screen. I have tried
knoppix failsafe and a few other options, without
success. Control-C does not help.
On the other hand, I have a Quantian 0.7.9.2 DVD,
which will boot my machine with "knoppix wheelmouse".
It seems to use Knoppix version 4.0, and works with no
apparent errors other than the known problem that can
be fixed with the "kdesktop" command.
I would be grateful for advice on how to make my 5.0.1
work.
This is the machine spec (according to the sticker on
the box):
HP Pavilion Media Center t3640.uk
Genuine Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Update Rollup 2
Intel Pentium (R) D Processor 820 Dual core
2 GB DDR2-SDRAM
160 GB SATA 3G Hard Disk Drive (7200 rpm)
NVIDIA (R) GeForce 7300 LE TurboCache with PureVideo
technology - up to 256 MB video memory
IEEE 1394 FireWire(R) interface
... and some other stuff that I suspect is irrelevant.
Thanks!
David Pearson.
-
4.0 boots, but 5.0.1 does not (HP t3640)
What a stupid mistake I made!
The body of the message is correct, but I messed up the
subject line. I can boot with 4.0, but I cannot
boot with 5.0.1 .
-David P.
Similar Threads
-
By builguito in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2007, 03:27 AM
-
By maltmann in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-25-2007, 07:40 AM
-
By Jheard21 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2006, 04:35 AM
-
By travlr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 04:57 PM
-
By j0x in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage MOTOROLA XC68030RC16 Purple Ceramic CPU Computer Chip w/ Base Holder
$39.90

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99

Vintage MOTOROLA XC68882RC16 Purple Ceramic CPU Computer Chip w/ Base Holder
$39.90

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$164.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is
$99.99

Vintage Mitsubishi CDVR412 CD-RW Optical Drive SCSI 50 Pin Used
$47.99

Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99