kcontrol is the gui control center
you won't get that to run in a console
you need
gui
Knoppix
Control Center
System Administration
Login Manager
Language
All programs opened in SU mode are in German. I tried opening kcontrol from Konsole in SU mode to try to set the language, but I get this error:
lib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
kdeinit: Can't connect to the X Server.
kdeinit: Might not terminate at end of session.
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
kded: cannot connect to X server :0.0
kded: ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Registering failed!
kded: ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed.
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
kcontrol: cannot connect to X server :0.0
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Registering failed!
ERROR: Communication problem with kcontrol, it probably crashed.
Is there a way to change the language settings. Forgive me for being a n00b.
kcontrol is the gui control center
you won't get that to run in a console
you need
gui
Knoppix
Control Center
System Administration
Login Manager
Language
I'm not following you here.
I need to change the language in the SU (or root) account to english. My user account is fine.
try to run from console as root: dpkg-reconfigure locales
I hope this will help you
B.R.
Mikek
Thank you very much
I hope that this helps:-
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26219

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99