Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 2 cdroms and dvd:problems to mount them

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4

    2 cdroms and dvd:problems to mount them

    Hello again. My last problem is I can't see cdrom icons. I have 3: a cdr, a cd rw, and a dvd r. I have created 3 files to mount them in \mnt, I have written sentences like these at \etc\fstab:
    /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    /dev/sr1 /mnt/dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0


    File to mount are:
    \mnt\dvd
    \mnt\cdrom
    \mnt\cdrom1

    I have done "rebuildfstab -r" as root and "mkdesktophdicons" as a normal user.
    I have got All this information on this forum, but I am able to get only one icon for cd linked to my dvd. I can listen music on my dvd but not in the others, and sometime I can read cds on my dvd but never in the others.
    What am I doing bad.
    Thank you very much for your answers

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: 2 cdroms and dvd:problems to mount them

    Quote Originally Posted by bronstein
    /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    /dev/sr1 /mnt/dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
    You want to change these /dev/??? lines to /dev/scd0,1,2 to access the devices without seeing how they are connected I can't tell you about the cd-rom or cdrw should be but the dvd-r will be scd1 or you can continue to use the sr1 device link if you wish I always use the actual device. To see what the other would be look at the output of dmesg | less scsi the lines from my output:

    Code:
    >$ dmesg | grep scsi
    scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
    Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
    sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 40x/40x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
    As you can see here my burner gets attached at sr0 which is linked to scd0 which is what I use in the fstab.

    Code:
    >$ ls -ls /dev/sr0
     512 lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            4 2003-07-21 23:18 /dev/sr0 -> scd0
    
     The line in the fstab:
    /dev/scd0       /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0       0
    So use the dmesg command and find where the drives are attached and update the fstab with the proper entries and you will have access to them. You will have up date the icons on your desktop to reflect the changes in the fstab. If you have trouble post the output of the dmesg | grep scsi command so I can see it.

Similar Threads

  1. How To Mount
    By Wassim in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
  2. Can't Mount USB hdd
    By nemof in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:37 PM
  3. mount-aes ???
    By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM
  4. Cannot play audio cdroms?
    By JockVSJock in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2003, 04:10 AM
  5. Mount ISO
    By lindleyrl in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2003, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yottamaster FS2 Dual Bay RAID USB 3.0 3.5in External HDD Enclosure Silver picture

Yottamaster FS2 Dual Bay RAID USB 3.0 3.5in External HDD Enclosure Silver

$65.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00