Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Issues with Open Office 2.0 Welcome Screen

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2

    Issues with Open Office 2.0 Welcome Screen

    I posted on the open office forum asking for help with a persistent welcome screen problem and they suggested I ask it on the koppix board. I am running Knoppix from a hard drive install. Each time I open Open Office I get the welcome screen prompting me to register, which of course I have done. However, no matter how many times I register each time I open open office after that it the welcome screen opens and wants me to again register. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I am fairly new at this, but I believe it will be an issue with the read only settings, however, I have not been able to figure out which file to change. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    I had the same problem and found this posting on this forum. I tried the steps below. It works. Thats is good, because I was sick and tired of re-registering everytime. Now if I can get my usb flash drive to qyuit disappearing.

    Tim

    KNOPPIX CD 5.0.1 has a minor problem regarding OpenOffice for English users. OOo will ask users to agree to the license at every startup. For CD users without persistent home, it's expected. For persistent home users and HD installations, it's annoying.

    The cause is a pair of missing license files for en-US. OOo checks the date you last agreed to the license against the license file and if the license file is newer, it asks you to agree to the license. Apparently, OOo treats a missing license file as always newer than the last time the user agreed to the license.

    Anyhow, the fix is very simple. HD Installs can Use File Manager in Super User Mode to copy the 'LICENSE_en-US' and 'LICENSE_en-US.html' from /opt/openoffice/licenses to /opt/openoffice/share/readme. KNOPPIX CD users can use Console (SU).

    Hope this helps someone out there!

    I love KNOPPIX. It's the most complete, functional, quick and easy to install distro. Thanks for all the great work on this project.

Similar Threads

  1. Open Office doesn't open in Knoppix 4.0.2
    By scozzese in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
  2. Problem with Open Office
    By jeff33 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 04:33 PM
  3. Open Office
    By haloplayer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 08:12 AM
  4. Fun with V3.6 - Part One - Open Office
    By el_supremo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 01:53 AM
  5. Open Office is in German!
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11 picture

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11

$699.00



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99



Intel Xeon E5-2697v2 ( E5-2697 v2)  SR19H -  2.7GHz 12 Core LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5-2697v2 ( E5-2697 v2) SR19H - 2.7GHz 12 Core LGA2011

$35.00



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99