-
Issues with Open Office 2.0 Welcome Screen
I posted on the open office forum asking for help with a persistent welcome screen problem and they suggested I ask it on the koppix board. I am running Knoppix from a hard drive install. Each time I open Open Office I get the welcome screen prompting me to register, which of course I have done. However, no matter how many times I register each time I open open office after that it the welcome screen opens and wants me to again register. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I am fairly new at this, but I believe it will be an issue with the read only settings, however, I have not been able to figure out which file to change. Any help would be appreciated.
-
I had the same problem and found this posting on this forum. I tried the steps below. It works. Thats is good, because I was sick and tired of re-registering everytime. Now if I can get my usb flash drive to qyuit disappearing.
Tim
KNOPPIX CD 5.0.1 has a minor problem regarding OpenOffice for English users. OOo will ask users to agree to the license at every startup. For CD users without persistent home, it's expected. For persistent home users and HD installations, it's annoying.
The cause is a pair of missing license files for en-US. OOo checks the date you last agreed to the license against the license file and if the license file is newer, it asks you to agree to the license. Apparently, OOo treats a missing license file as always newer than the last time the user agreed to the license.
Anyhow, the fix is very simple. HD Installs can Use File Manager in Super User Mode to copy the 'LICENSE_en-US' and 'LICENSE_en-US.html' from /opt/openoffice/licenses to /opt/openoffice/share/readme. KNOPPIX CD users can use Console (SU).
Hope this helps someone out there!
I love KNOPPIX. It's the most complete, functional, quick and easy to install distro. Thanks for all the great work on this project.
Similar Threads
-
By scozzese in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
-
By jeff33 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2005, 04:33 PM
-
By haloplayer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 08:12 AM
-
By el_supremo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 01:53 AM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested
$499.99

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00