I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.crouse.ws/knoppix.html
Good Luck,
Mike
Is it possible, and if so, how to install linux from a "Live" cdrom?
I have live version of linux that came with a magazine, I would like to install it to my hard drive. It would be easier that trying to download an ISO image via dialup, for the install disk. It would be easier to make and save changes to the default "Live" settings. I have to work blind after the desktop opens to change the screen settings, setup the dialup to my ISP, etc. before I can do anything.
Thanks
I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.crouse.ws/knoppix.html
Good Luck,
Mike
Thanks for the link, and it was very fast. I posted this question before going to work, and when I checked back after work, your reply was waiting for me. Thanks again.
Dave
I did try what the web site suggested, but Knoppix came back with script not found.
Are there any other suggestions. I have Knoppix v3.1 from PC Utilities magazine.
Thanks
![]()
Sorry that did not work. Make sure you are at a root console. Try clicking the KDE button in the lower left (similar to Windows Start button), then select the KNOPPIX menu, then select Root Console. "knx-hdinstall" is case sensitive as are all linux commands as far as I know.
Try sudo knx-hdinstall.

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Seagate IronWolf Pro 16TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" RAID NAS/PC ST16000NEZ00
$599.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00