-
Install linux from "LIVE" cdrom?
Is it possible, and if so, how to install linux from a "Live" cdrom?
I have live version of linux that came with a magazine, I would like to install it to my hard drive. It would be easier that trying to download an ISO image via dialup, for the install disk. It would be easier to make and save changes to the default "Live" settings. I have to work blind after the desktop opens to change the screen settings, setup the dialup to my ISP, etc. before I can do anything.
Thanks
-
I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.crouse.ws/knoppix.html
Good Luck,
Mike
-
Thanks for the link, and it was very fast. I posted this question before going to work, and when I checked back after work, your reply was waiting for me. Thanks again.
Dave
-
I did try what the web site suggested, but Knoppix came back with script not found.
Are there any other suggestions. I have Knoppix v3.1 from PC Utilities magazine.
Thanks
-
Sorry that did not work. Make sure you are at a root console. Try clicking the KDE button in the lower left (similar to Windows Start button), then select the KNOPPIX menu, then select Root Console. "knx-hdinstall" is case sensitive as are all linux commands as far as I know.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By OP4Latino in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2005, 04:19 AM
-
By ihcnut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By Linux Tourist in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:28 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Networking
Replies: 84
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 01:02 PM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Intel Optane NMA1XXD128GPS DDR4 2666 4Rx4 ECC 128GB Server Ram
$80.00

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

Lot of 4 - Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 MHz CL22 UDIMM RAM Module (CT16G4DFRA32A)
$400.00

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00