I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.crouse.ws/knoppix.html
Good Luck,
Mike
Is it possible, and if so, how to install linux from a "Live" cdrom?
I have live version of linux that came with a magazine, I would like to install it to my hard drive. It would be easier that trying to download an ISO image via dialup, for the install disk. It would be easier to make and save changes to the default "Live" settings. I have to work blind after the desktop opens to change the screen settings, setup the dialup to my ISP, etc. before I can do anything.
Thanks
I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.crouse.ws/knoppix.html
Good Luck,
Mike
Thanks for the link, and it was very fast. I posted this question before going to work, and when I checked back after work, your reply was waiting for me. Thanks again.
Dave
I did try what the web site suggested, but Knoppix came back with script not found.
Are there any other suggestions. I have Knoppix v3.1 from PC Utilities magazine.
Thanks
![]()
Sorry that did not work. Make sure you are at a root console. Try clicking the KDE button in the lower left (similar to Windows Start button), then select the KNOPPIX menu, then select Root Console. "knx-hdinstall" is case sensitive as are all linux commands as far as I know.
Try sudo knx-hdinstall.

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard 1391401 Buckling Spring PS/2 Keyboard 1988
$200.00
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB
$49.99
Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box
$75.00
Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99
Vintage Toshiba T3400CT Mini Laptop 486SX-33, 4MB **NO POST, Bad Screen, AS-IS
$75.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00