I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.crouse.ws/knoppix.html
Good Luck,
Mike
Is it possible, and if so, how to install linux from a "Live" cdrom?
I have live version of linux that came with a magazine, I would like to install it to my hard drive. It would be easier that trying to download an ISO image via dialup, for the install disk. It would be easier to make and save changes to the default "Live" settings. I have to work blind after the desktop opens to change the screen settings, setup the dialup to my ISP, etc. before I can do anything.
Thanks
I believe this is what you are looking for:
http://www.crouse.ws/knoppix.html
Good Luck,
Mike
Thanks for the link, and it was very fast. I posted this question before going to work, and when I checked back after work, your reply was waiting for me. Thanks again.
Dave
I did try what the web site suggested, but Knoppix came back with script not found.
Are there any other suggestions. I have Knoppix v3.1 from PC Utilities magazine.
Thanks
![]()
Sorry that did not work. Make sure you are at a root console. Try clicking the KDE button in the lower left (similar to Windows Start button), then select the KNOPPIX menu, then select Root Console. "knx-hdinstall" is case sensitive as are all linux commands as far as I know.
Try sudo knx-hdinstall.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG
$199.95
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00
LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$99.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
SK hynix 576GB DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM Server RAM 24x DIMMs 12x32GB + 12x16GB
$3000.00
Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50
LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95