-
Can't find filesystem - SATA CD Problem???
Sorry in advance as i'm sure this question has been asked before. Running Knoppix on a CD (runs fine on all my other machines). My one desktop i'm having problems with is a new DELL Optiplex 745 with only SATA drives, including my CD and my DVD drive. I keep getting the above error with the limited shell including a keyboard that doesn't work once i get that error. From my limited review online knoppix looks for CDs on only the SCSI and IDE channels. Is this correct? Is my problem related to the SATA CD drive? Is there a fix? I can provide hardware info if needed. I'm using V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.
thanks,
a
-
I had the same problem. Not sure what you are trying to do with your system and Knoppix, but I got SystemRescueCd-x86-0.3.4to boot from the CD and find the SATA disks. http://www.sysresccd.org/
I did have to statically assign an address. I mostly use Knoppix for imaging and other maintenance/rescue tasks and SystemRescueCd has what I need.
Similar Threads
-
By whohelhee in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
-
By yosibeck in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By McBeastie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 09:45 AM
-
By Danmak in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 20
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:28 AM
-
By timjg in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 12:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch
$89.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99