-
Super User at Knoppix 5.1.1 HD-installed
After I installed Knoppix 5.1.1 in a partition of my HD, the SU-mode seems not to be able to work.
I tried to activate the network-card, or tried to start the super-user-file-manager, and an error came w.r.t. starting the SU-mode.
Please give me a hint to solve the problem (be aware that I am not able to access the internet through my new installed Knoppix 5.1.1).
Best Regards
Joepi
-
Re: Super User at Knoppix 5.1.1 HD-installed

Originally Posted by
Joepi54
After I installed Knoppix 5.1.1 in a partition of my HD, the SU-mode seems not to be able to work.
I tried to activate the network-card, or tried to start the super-user-file-manager, and an error came w.r.t. starting the SU-mode.
Please give me a hint to solve the problem (be aware that I am not able to access the internet through my new installed Knoppix 5.1.1).
Best Regards
Joepi
Possibly, you have to open a shell window and give the root user a password. That's how I seem to recall dealing w/ that. That is, 'sudo passwd' and enter a root password.....
-
Re: Super User at Knoppix 5.1.1 HD-installed

Originally Posted by
Joepi54
After I installed Knoppix 5.1.1 in a partition of my HD, the SU-mode seems not to be able to work.
I tried to activate the network-card, or tried to start the super-user-file-manager, and an error came w.r.t. starting the SU-mode.
Please give me a hint to solve the problem (be aware that I am not able to access the internet through my new installed Knoppix 5.1.1).
Best Regards
Joepi
Hi Joepi,
you may want to edit your "sudoers" file.
For user "Joepi" simply comment out the default user "knoppix" and activate user "Joepi" like this:
____
# /etc/sudoers
...
# knoppix ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
Joepi ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
____
Hth.
-nohype
Similar Threads
-
By jcapinc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-17-2007, 03:02 AM
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By ashmita in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2006, 05:34 AM
-
By CaramaC in forum German Forum
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-26-2005, 02:41 AM
-
By Simonkex in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00