Possibly, you have to open a shell window and give the root user a password. That's how I seem to recall dealing w/ that. That is, 'sudo passwd' and enter a root password.....Originally Posted by Joepi54
After I installed Knoppix 5.1.1 in a partition of my HD, the SU-mode seems not to be able to work.
I tried to activate the network-card, or tried to start the super-user-file-manager, and an error came w.r.t. starting the SU-mode.
Please give me a hint to solve the problem (be aware that I am not able to access the internet through my new installed Knoppix 5.1.1).
Best Regards
Joepi
Possibly, you have to open a shell window and give the root user a password. That's how I seem to recall dealing w/ that. That is, 'sudo passwd' and enter a root password.....Originally Posted by Joepi54
Hi Joepi,Originally Posted by Joepi54
you may want to edit your "sudoers" file.
For user "Joepi" simply comment out the default user "knoppix" and activate user "Joepi" like this:
____
# /etc/sudoers
...
# knoppix ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
Joepi ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
____
Hth.
-nohype

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99