Possibly, you have to open a shell window and give the root user a password. That's how I seem to recall dealing w/ that. That is, 'sudo passwd' and enter a root password.....Originally Posted by Joepi54
After I installed Knoppix 5.1.1 in a partition of my HD, the SU-mode seems not to be able to work.
I tried to activate the network-card, or tried to start the super-user-file-manager, and an error came w.r.t. starting the SU-mode.
Please give me a hint to solve the problem (be aware that I am not able to access the internet through my new installed Knoppix 5.1.1).
Best Regards
Joepi
Possibly, you have to open a shell window and give the root user a password. That's how I seem to recall dealing w/ that. That is, 'sudo passwd' and enter a root password.....Originally Posted by Joepi54
Hi Joepi,Originally Posted by Joepi54
you may want to edit your "sudoers" file.
For user "Joepi" simply comment out the default user "knoppix" and activate user "Joepi" like this:
____
# /etc/sudoers
...
# knoppix ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
Joepi ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
____
Hth.
-nohype

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00