Possibly, you have to open a shell window and give the root user a password. That's how I seem to recall dealing w/ that. That is, 'sudo passwd' and enter a root password.....Originally Posted by Joepi54
After I installed Knoppix 5.1.1 in a partition of my HD, the SU-mode seems not to be able to work.
I tried to activate the network-card, or tried to start the super-user-file-manager, and an error came w.r.t. starting the SU-mode.
Please give me a hint to solve the problem (be aware that I am not able to access the internet through my new installed Knoppix 5.1.1).
Best Regards
Joepi
Possibly, you have to open a shell window and give the root user a password. That's how I seem to recall dealing w/ that. That is, 'sudo passwd' and enter a root password.....Originally Posted by Joepi54
Hi Joepi,Originally Posted by Joepi54
you may want to edit your "sudoers" file.
For user "Joepi" simply comment out the default user "knoppix" and activate user "Joepi" like this:
____
# /etc/sudoers
...
# knoppix ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
Joepi ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
____
Hth.
-nohype

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99