-
unionfs - installing
Hi there.
Got myself a little problem. I am doing a remaster of a Knoppix based (truth be told - a kurumin based, but kurumin comes from knoppix) distro called "dizinha". I choose "dizinha" instead of kurumin (or knoppix) because I need a very light distro (as in: runs on my mother's P2, 233Mhz)
(looked aroud the wiki for light alternatives ... but all I found was damnsmall, that I understand does not come with apt support)
However, it does not include unionfs ...
I was willing to give a shot at installing it (and enabeling users to "alter" the / from the live cd as in knoppix)
I have read the basic google stuff about UnionFS, and all the posts in here that seemed relevant, but could not get anywere ...
First and foremost:
Do I need the kernel source ? Do I need to compile a kernel module ? (In here, this seems to be the popular way. But there are some debian packages too ... Do they give extra functionality, or can they install unionfs itself ?)
After that, I understand that I need to perform a "mount" to unite the knoppix / and the ramdisk. How would that go ? Where in the system would I place such a command ? (as in: I'd want the CD to perform that at every boot without user interference)
Hope this is the right place to ask.
Thanks in advance !
(btw, I dont need specifics to "dizinha". Just general stuff should do. ^^)
Similar Threads
-
By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
-
By Jim Tonic in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:14 AM
-
By firnsy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-13-2005, 08:38 AM
-
By jfrumar in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch
$175.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50