-
Quick question
First off: I'm a newbie to Knoppix.
Anyway, I'm trying to load Knoppix off of a burned CD. It gets through the first few items just fine, then it says, "Autoconfiguring devices" the bar fills up, and it says "Done," then it just... stops. The light on my floppy drive goes on, but nothing happens.
Booting with failsafe produced similar results, and I made sure it isn't a corrupt ISO.
Any suggestions?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Maybe try starting with:
knoppix vga=normal xmodule=vesa
or
knoppix vga=normal xmodule=vesa screen=800x600
and see what happens, if that doesn't work then try booting with the following cheatcode:
knoppix 2
this will get you into command line only (DOS like) linux, no graphic interface, but if you get the linux prompt something like:
knoppix@tty0:~$
then you know that knoppix is running so your problem is with your video card, what kind of video card do you have, and what resolutions does your monitor support?
HTH
rock
-
Trying the knoppix vga=normal xmodule=vesa made no difference.
When I typed in knoppix 2, it loaded at a higher screen resolution, but otherwiseit was still the same. Everything just stopped after autoconfigure.
My video card is an S3 Trio 3D/2X. I'm not sure about the monitor.
And yes, I did wait to make sure it wasn't just loading slowly. In fact, I waited about 10 minutes just to make sure. Nothing happened.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you tried noddc with the other cheat codes.
-
Okay, here's the commandline I used this time:
knoppix failsafe vga=normal xmodule=vesa screen=800x600 noddc
Still no change. This is a bit frustrating, isn't it?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
unimportantguy
knoppix failsafe vga=normal xmodule=vesa screen=800x600 noddc
Have you always used the knoppix when you tried failsafe the failsafe option is a seperate image you should enter it at the boot: prompt. ie.
-
So then, are you saying it should look something like:
failsafe (cheat code)
Edit: Hrm... that didn't do anything either. This is getting confusing. I must be doing something wrong.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Just try failsafe all by itself.
Similar Threads
-
By benjamin1254 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 03:42 AM
-
By Quite in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By Jack_ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 12:34 AM
-
By mikey_man380 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99