-
dhcp at boot?
Hello,
I'm just trying out Knoppix 5. I have it installed on my laptop hard drive. To connect to the wired router at home I have to run network card config on eth0 - which fails - and then eth1, which works. I have to do it in that order and run 0 before 1. How can I get dhcp to connect me during boot up, and how can I get it to read properly from eth1? Running net card config on just eth1 does not seem to work without running eth0 first.
Here is my /eetc/network/interfaces file.
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(
, ifdown(
# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo eth0 eth1
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.34
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.1.1
broadcast 192.168.1.255
gateway 192.168.1.1
iface dsl-provider inet ppp
provider dsl-provider
iface eth1 inet dhcp
Donald
-
Senior Member
registered user
Not sure if this will fix your problem but on your lilo or grub boot line include nodhcp
This option may stop the dhcp backgrounding service, then run the network configuration again, and reboot. Im using static addressing but rebooting knoppix the boot message starting dhcp always appeared, as soon as I included nodhcp, my boot time was faster and no network problems.
Similar Threads
-
By CJWertz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-01-2006, 10:00 AM
-
By zoltanthegypsy in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 04:57 PM
-
By ldonkers in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 02:35 AM
-
By equex in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 04:27 PM
-
By k225yt in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP
$560.15

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T
$249.99