which knopppix version are u using???
tell me the hardware specs
I have tried browsing forums, google etc but can't seem to find a relevant link.
I tried starting a computer that I cannot get to boot from windows cd(it was working fine for past few years, then just stopped booting up) from knoppix cd I created.
when I try "cheat code" knoppix vga=0 debug -b3 I get the error message CPI Warning (utdelete-037: Large Reference Count (4001) in object dffd24fc [2060127]
when i try "cheat code" failsafe debug -b3 I get an error message which finishes <0> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
Do you think this computer has a terminal problem?
any help appreciated
which knopppix version are u using???
tell me the hardware specs
knoppix 5.0.1
I can't remember the full spec of the computer I am afraid.
It was running windows XP home with sp2
can't remember the processor but think it was 1.2 GHz.
if you want to know other specifics just ask and i'll try to answer
Please see answer #7.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
boot: failsafe debug -b 3
See the letter b and the number 3 are separate.
-b is Emergency Mode
3 is init 3 text mode
hth & gl
dbl check here
Yes waka i input the space in - it was just when i was typing in the forum I missed the space

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00