Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Using a VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter..

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3

    Using a VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter..

    My motherboard includes the above NIC <which works fine with xp/vista> The Knoppix 5.1 (DVD) seems to be able to see it but not use it.
    I should point out that I don't have a lot of linux experiance (what I do have was with suse10) and am not at all sure how one goes about installing drivers etc in Knoppix? <Partly because I still don't really understand how it can run just from the dvd- If I install drivers - where do they get written etc?>

    If some kind soul could point me to a "how too" source I would be very happy.

    If you like I can be seen (when in xp/vista) on y- messenger " flybye882001 " is my name there.

    rb

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    I am writing from knoppix using such a card right now, I just booted and was online (I use dhcp). what did you try to get online? and what is exact trouble?
    have you tried the configprogram in the "penguin" menu? that should let you get online.

Similar Threads

  1. Getting Apollo Fast Ethernet Card to work KNOPPIX 4.0.2
    By Jolle in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 06:53 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 05:25 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 10:05 PM
  4. IOGear USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet adapter not recognized
    By syndicatedragon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 10:04 PM
  5. Help with Fast Ethernet PCI Realtek RTL8139 Family
    By mrfocus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 03:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$89.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper QFX3500-48S4Q-H 48x 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ Network Switch picture

Juniper QFX3500-48S4Q-H 48x 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ Network Switch

$124.99