-
Junior Member
registered user
how do I force detection of my PCMCIA modem?
I've checked using lsmod and the pcmcia_core isn't loaded. I can
load it using modprobe but I'm kinda stuck as to where to go from there.
If I go to KPPP I can't seem to get it to see my modem.
I'm afraid that my installation (on hd) was complicated because I used
"nopcmcia" in order to boot from CD (as with Transmeta notebooks my
Sony micro-laptop uses a funky PCMCIA modem). So I did the "ide2=0x180 nopcmcia" option.
Anyway, I want to (1) be able to force the detection of new PCMCIA
devices on my laptop (I have at least three cards I want to be able to
use at various times - a Fast Ethernet card, a wireless Orinoco card, and my New Media 56k modem).
I've checked the Docs section of the site and haven't found a lot on PCMCIA modems or on forcing hardware detection post-hd install.
Can anyone offer a pointer to docs or some direct advice on the issue?
I promise to write it up in a HOWTO and add it to the WIKI once I figure out how to do this (if it hasn't already been done and I missed it).
Thanks!
Stefan
I have the May 3 distribution of Knoppix 3.2.
Similar Threads
-
By AlBorland in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By beecee in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 11:58 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 12:21 PM
-
By borisp71 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 04:52 AM
-
By moosedaddy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 02:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00